Sunday 15 March 2015

Minnie and Mum

Today is Mother's Day. 

It's also the eve of Minnie's birthday. She will be seven. 

Everyday I miss my mum, we've been without her for nearly three years and although that seems like such a long time for me it must seem doubly so for the girls- for whom a year is still incredibly long and filled with endless change. 

But I refuse to dwell on the missing her. I will never stop missing her, my mama is part of who I am and that will never change. 

Instead I will take everything she taught me and showed me about parenting and loving your children and use it everyday. 

I will hug and kiss my children and tell them they are loved. I will try to let them spend as much time with all of those who also love them because they are all the richer for that love. I will try not to yell too often, to worry too much about mess and mud and things not being just so. I will try to show them their responsibilities- as part of this family, as part of the community and as how to be kind and generous like their granny. 

Mother's Day isn't a big deal here with some awesome handmade cards and breakfast in bed not a penny needed to be spent but there was love a plenty. 

So tomorrow we will have a house full of people and a house full of love because everyone wants to celebrate that my baby is one year older. And one year more wonderful, one year funnier, one year more huggable and we want wish her so many more. 

Happy Birthday Minnie, it's a joy to be your mama x

No comments:

Post a Comment